Socks

Well... I finally did it... I Knitted my first pair of socks! Yippee! I actually finished this pair last month and I'm currently working on my second pair, but still.

The original pattern is from Sensational Knitted Socks which I shortened the leg section ...
Yarn: Merino Cashmere Sock in Exotic from The Knittery. I still need to buckle down and photograph my past projects though.

I've been knitting on and off for the last 10ish years... While I was studying at the Ontario Collage of Art and Design (OCAD) I took a knitting class ... we were taught basic knitting, crochet and knitting with a knitting machine. The main focus of this course was knitting as a fine art than wearable art... so I spent my knitting experience knitting scarves... lots of scarves... and jewellery... never really having the time to get into serious socks and sweater knitting... That all changed last year (almost six months ago) when I had my hysterectomy due too fibroids... I needed something to do while I was recovering in the hospital and while I was at home.

No comments: